Do you hide your smile because of crooked teeth? Do you want to straighten your teeth without metal braces? Washington, D.C. dentist Dr. Andrew Cobb offers a wide range of treatment options for crooked teeth including options for straightening teeth without braces.
While celebrities with crooked teeth can seem glamorous, most people want straight teeth. Aside from the cosmetic considerations, crooked teeth have the potential to cause serious health concerns. Crooked teeth make brushing and flossing a challenge, allowing food, debris and plaque to build up between teeth. Plaque build up can contribute to cavity formation and gum disease.
Patient Stories: Crooked Teeth
“At age 75, I was afraid to open my mouth in the company of others because of horrible looking cracked, yellow and crooked teeth. Each conversation provided me with an unpleasant psychological experience. After consulting with Dr. Cobb, I had my first maxillary teeth done in such a way that I now am getting compliment after compliment, even on elevators! People want to know who is my dentist. So now I am carrying Dr. Cobb’s business cards and providing them to all “inquisitors.” This is my tribute to Dr. Cobb’s excellent work of art.” – Attila, Silver Spring
Straightening Teeth With Invisible Braces
The most common way to correct crooked teeth is through orthodontic treatment, or the use of braces. While traditional orthodontic treatment calls for metal braces, may patients today elect to use invisible braces to straighten their smile.
Dr. Cobb offers Smart Moves invisible braces. Invisible braces are an excellent option for patients with crooked teeth who have mild to moderate alignment problems.
There are many benefits of invisible braces vs metal braces including:
- Effective treatment a variety of alignment problems such as crowded teeth, spaces between teeth, overbite and underbite
- Invisible braces are removable so you can eat whatever you want
- Removable trays also lead to improved hygiene compared to metal braces because you can brush and floss normally
- Invisible braces are made of smooth plastic instead of sharp metal for more comfortable treatment
- With invisible braces, you have the convenience of visiting our Washington D.C. dentist office to monitor treatment instead of a specialist
Straightening Teeth Without Braces
Most patients, particularly adults, want to avoid wearing braces altogether. While there may be certain conditions where straightening teeth without braces is not possible, Dr. Cobb offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry and restorative dental procedures that can effectively straighten teeth without braces.
Common treatments for straightening teeth without braces include:
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers cover the front and sides of teeth and can be used to correct minor problems in tooth alignment.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns cover the entire tooth and are well suited for teeth that may have more significant alignment issues.
- Cosmetic Bonding – Cosmetic bonding is a treatment that uses tooth colored composite material to improve the appearance of crooked teeth and close gaps between teeth.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are typically used when teeth are missing or for someone with crooked teeth who needs to have teeth removed to correct major alignment problems.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have crooked teeth and are looking for a local dentist who offers comprehensive teeth straightening options, contact Andrew C Cobb, DDS to schedule a consultation at our Washington, D.C. Dentist office. Call us at 202-455-0901 or request an appointment online.