For patients who experience chronic orofacial pain, accurate diagnosis is essential for effective treatment. No two cases of TMJ are identical. Dr. Andrew Cobb is a Dawson Academy dentist who understands the intricacies of the temporomandibular joint and connecting muscles. Using state of the art bite analysis technology, and with years of experience, Dr. Cobb offers comprehensive and successful diagnosis and treatment of orofacial pain.
Technology for A Better Bite
Advancements in bite analysis technology allow for more accurate diagnosis. Understanding the exact cause of a patients pain allows for more precise treatment that will yield the best pain relief.
- Tekscan: Tekscan is a noninvasive, hand-held device. the patient bites down on the device for a highly accurate reading of the force of the bite. Tekscan shows a digital image of where the teeth come into contact so that Dr. Cobb can analyze the form and function of the bite.
- JVA: or, the joint vibration analysis, this device measures the friction of the jaw by monitoring reading the vibrations of the jaw.
Treatment Options for Orofacial Pain
Every diagnosis and treatment plan for TMJ and orofacial pain is personalized by Dr. Cobb. Working with the patient on a one-on-one basis, Dr. Cobb is able to fully analyze the bite and help the patient make informed decisions about their oral health for optimal results. Dr. Cobb offers a range of treatment options that are often used in conjunction with other cosmetic and restorative dental treatments.
- Splint therapy: a dental splint helps to realign the bite and can prevent teeth grinding and damage to the teeth.
- Restorative Dentistry: using dental crown, tooth bonding, and other restorative treatments, we can address damage and realign a crooked bite.
- Orthodontics: if crooked teeth and malocclusion are the cause of your dental problem, Dr. Cobb can refer you to a local specialist.
Schedule A Bite Analysis
If you suffer from chronic facial pain, have an uncomfortable bite, or experience other symptoms of TMJ, schedule a visit in our Washington DC dentist office. Dr. Cobb welcomes patients from Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Rockville, and many local areas. Contact us at (202) 455-0901 or request an appointment online.