If dental fear and anxiety are hindering from getting the dental care you need, it may be time to take action. When dental anxiety prevents patients from visiting the dentist, it puts them at a higher risk of developing advanced dental concerns that may require complex treatment. Excellent oral hygiene and routine preventive care visits help patients maintain a healthy smile.
At our Washington, DC dental facility, Dr. Andrew Cobb offers a full range of sedation dentistry options and amenities for patients with dental fear and anxiety. Dr. Cobb and our dental care team are committed to providing the highest standard of patient-focused, compassionate dental care to those in need. We work with each of our patients to ensure they are informed, safe, and comfortable throughout their visit.
Amenities We Offer In Our Washington, DC Dental Office
- Hi-resolution video glasses
- Boise noise canceling headphones
- iPads and iPods filled with thousands of videos and music options
- Warm towels
Sedation Dental Care
For patients with extreme cases of dental fear and anxiety, Dr. Cobb may suggest sedation dentistry. Dr. Cobb will evaluate your oral health, review your medical history, and recommend the appropriate sedation method based on your needs. Dr. Cobb will explain all aspects of your treatment before deciding which sedation options best suits your needs.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: Oral conscious sedation is administered in the form of a pill. Oral conscious sedation allows patients to feel completely at ease and relaxed while remaining alert throughout their treatment. If necessary, Dr. Cobb can perform multiple procedures under oral conscious sedation. Dr. Cobb will work with you to determine if oral conscious sedation is right for you.
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide is inhaled through a nasal mask. The effects of nitrous oxide diminish as soon as the nasal mask is removed. Patients can drive themselves home after their procedure.
Schedule An Appointment
If you have not visited the dentist in awhile, consider visiting our Washington, DC dental office.Dr. Cobb and our entire dental care can help you get the dental care you need. To schedule an appointment, call (202) 455-0901 or request an appointment online.