Cost of Dental ImplantsAn Overview
Dr. Andrew C. Cobb offers dental implants to his patients in the Washington DC area. If you have missing teeth, Dr. Cobb will recommend dental implants, the closest option available to your natural teeth. Dental implants are a long-term investment in your overall health and will help to prevent the need for further advanced dental care. The initial cost of dental implants may be more expensive than other tooth replacement options such as dentures or dental bridges. When compared to dentures and dental bridges, dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth and often require no future maintenance costs. We offer a single tooth dental implant as well as dental implants for multiple missing teeth.
Dental Implants Cost Factors
- Location and size of the implant – Since each patient has a different mouth, each dental implant case is different. The location of the dental implant and the size needed will have a huge impact on the cost. Some tooth locations in your mouth require more advanced dental care when placing a dental implant.
- Need for bone grafting – In order to qualify for dental implants, the patient must have sufficient bone density. The titanium post needs to be surgically implanted and have enough bone to fuse with in order for the dental implants to be successful. If the patient does not have enough bone, a procedure known as bone grafting will need to be done and will impact the total cost for dental implants in Washington DC.
- The need for extractions – If you are missing the tooth already, you can go straight to surgical implantation for the dental implant. If you have a damaged tooth that needs extracted first, this is a separate procedure with associated costs.
- Over-all oral health – Often missing teeth are associated with other oral health problems such as gum disease. Patients suffering from oral health conditions will require treatment to ensure a healthy mouth for successful implantation.
- Number of implants being placed – It will cost less to replace one missing tooth versus a whole row of teeth. It’s best to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cobb at his Washington DC dentist office to see exactly how many dental implants you will need.
The Cost of Dental Implants vs Dentures and a Dental Bridge
It’s no secret that dental implants cost more than dentures and dental bridges. But dental implants are the superior option that can last a life time. Dentures and dental bridges may need replaced, realigned, or rebased over time. This cost can add up depending on the wear and tear. Even though the cost is higher, the quality of life with dental implants is also significantly higher. With dentures, you will have about a 30-40% normal chewing function. Dental implants will deliver a 100% normal chewing function.
Payment Options & Insurance
Most dental insurance companies will cover preventive dental services such as dental cleanings, routine examinations and dental x-rays but most do not cover advanced restorative procedures like dental implants. Some insurance plans will partially cover the dental fabrication such as the dental crown, dental bridge or the denture. Each of our patient’s dental insurance coverage is unique and will vary depending on the plan.
Dr. Cobb strives to provide the highest level of dental care possible in a manner that is accessible and affordable for patients. Many of our patients have dental insurance and our staff will work with you to help you maximize your benefits. While we do not participate with any dental insurance networks, our staff will take care of any billing and documentation so that you can receive reimbursement. Our Washington DC dentist office offers a range of convenient payment options:
- Cash, check, and credit card
- Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, etc.
- Financing options for qualified patients
- Payment schedules for complete treatment plans