Your mouth is a window into the health of the body. Many dental problems are hidden and when left untreated can contribute to serious health problems. Good oral hygiene, combined with routine professional care is the best way to healthy gums and mouth. Our dentists take a holistic approach to the evaluation and treatment of your oral health, keeping in mind the relationship to your overall physical health and well-being.
The condition of your oral health plays a role in your risk for and ability to manage other disease and medical conditions. From systemic to cardiovascular disease, a healthy and stable smile is important and should be maintained for a lifetime. We look for the early signs of oral disease as well as oral symptoms of other concerns such as oral cancers, diabetes and sleep disorders. If you have a medical condition or take prescribed medication it is important that you discuss them with Dr. Cobb so that your dental care can be tailored to your unique needs and risk factors.
- Diabetes: patients with existing diabetes may be more prone to gum disease. We can work with you to identify signs of developing disease during routine visits and make personalized recommendations for at home oral hygiene to help maintain oral health between visits.
- Acid Reflux/GERD: this condition can lead to the erosion of tooth enamel and an increased risk for decay and periodontal disease over time.
- Systemic disease: for some patient, systemic conditions and their treatment can lead to a range of dental health concerns. We can work with you to help you minimize dry mouth, worn teeth and other concerns so that you enjoy your best quality of life and better manage your health condition.
- Heart disease: gum disease that goes untreated can significantly increase your risk for heart disease or aggravate existing cardiovascular conditions.
Dr. Cobb also offers a wide variety of both cosmetic and restorative dental procedures in our Washington, DC dental office and has incorporated leading dental technologies into his practice. Modern dental and digital technology enable us to provide more accurate diagnoses and treatment while also minimizing bleeding and side effects. Dr. Cobb is one of a few Washington area dentists that use Laser Dentistry and in office 3-D printing to treat a variety of dental health problems with little or no anesthesia and reduced cost for restorations.
Experienced Dental Care In Washington, D.C.
Andrew Cobb, DDS is a general dentist in Washington, D.C. with more than 25 years of experience treating patients. Our general dentistry appointments are probably different than the ones you’ve had with other dentists. Dr. Cobb provides each patient with a comprehensive evaluation that includes a physical exam of the oral cavity, head and neck. Using state of the art technology, he will analyze the function of your bite and can prepare an individualized plan to prevent and treat dental problems. Dr. Cobb is considered one of the leading authorities in both cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry and serves as a faculty member of the Dawson Academy. If you have cosmetic goals or dental concerns, we can help you with those as well.
Periodontal disease, better known as gum disease, is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Dr. Cobb can evaluate and treat the causes of gum disease, helping you prevent future problems.
Not many people would say they look forward to visiting the dentist, but a trip to Dr. Cobb in Washington, D.C. promises to be as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. Dr. Cobb has incorporated first class amenities to his dental office to help make each visit more relaxing:
- Hi Resolution Video Glasses
- Bose Noise Canceling Headphones
- iPads and iPods with access to thousands of videos from Netflix and an endless library of music from Pandora
- Warm Towels
Dr. Cobb welcomes new patients, including those who have been avoiding the dentist chair due to anxiety and previous bad experiences. We make every effort to ensure that their dental patients feel relaxed, comfortable and understand the treatment they will be receiving. We will perform a thorough evaluation of your oral health at preventive care visits, including an examination of the head and neck area. We will confirm that the entire occlusal system is balanced and functioning properly.
Dr. Cobb is a nationally recognized dentist in the fields of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. He will create a personalized treatment plan for patients needing to restore their oral health or desiring a cosmetic change to their smile.