Dental crowns are used to protect and restore teeth that are weak, damaged or severely misshaped or discolored. Using the latest tooth-like materials, a customized “cap” is placed over the tooth to restore its strength and improve its appearance. If your tooth is beyond repair, Dr. Cobb also offers dental implants.
LEARN MORE ABOUT DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Dental Implants Overview
- What Are Dental Implants?
- Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants FAQs
- Dental Implants vs Dentures
- Cost of Dental Implants
METAL FREE RESTORATIONS
Advances in modern dentistry practically eliminate the need for the use of metal which can discolor the teeth and cause discomfort. Dr. Cobb uses the newest tooth-like materials to enhance your smile, giving it a natural looking appearance.
Porcelain dental crowns have proven to be extremely durable as well as natural looking. The primary reason why dental crowns break is poor planning and placement. Dr. Cobb spends a significant amount of time planning each case to ensure the optimal results for the patient.
Through a comprehensive evaluation and examination, Dr. Cobb identifies the cause of damage to the tooth. Fixing the underlying problem will prevent future damage to the tooth or dental crown and allow for long-term comfort and function.
ADVANCED TRAINING AND TECHNOLOGY
Dr. Cobb has committed countless hours towards continuing education to master the latest innovations in modern dentistry. He is a sustaining member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and a senior faculty member of The Dawson Academy, a post-graduate dental training and clinical research facility.
Aided by advanced technology such as the Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) imaging, he can precisely diagnose patients and create a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan. Patients of Dr. Cobb often comment that they have never experienced such a high level of dental care or been so happy with their results.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
You deserve a healthy, natural looking smile that lasts. Contact Dr. Cobb to schedule a consultation and find out what your cosmetic dentistry options are.
DENTAL CROWNS WHAT TO EXPECT
ABOUT DENTAL CROWNS PROCESS
Though it takes place in several steps, the process for dental crowns is quite simple.
- Consultation & Evaluation – Dr. Cobb will first perform a comprehensive consultation and assessment to determine if dental crowns are right for you. He will examine the teeth, gums, mouth, and jaw joints to diagnose your condition and prepare an individualized treatment plan that addresses both the practical and health concerns as well as the cosmetic goals.
- Preparation of Teeth – Next, Dr. Cobb will prepare the tooth for the dental crown. Any old fillings or old crowns will be removed to create a solid foundation for the porcelain dental crown. Impressions will be taken of the tooth that is receiving the dental crown as well as the neighboring teeth to ensure proper fit and placement.
- Temporary Dental Crown – In most cases, Dr. Cobb will place a temporary tooth crown to provide protection while the porcelain dental crown is being made. The temporary tooth crowns are typically made of dental resin.
- Final Placement of Dental Crown – The last step is the final placement of the dental crown. Dr. Cobb will check the porcelain dental crown for fit and comfort. Once both you and the dentist are satisfied, the dental crown will be permanently bonded to the tooth and gently polished.
BEFORE & AFTER DENTAL CROWNS
“I had always considered my smile (and teeth) my best feature, but many years of grinding left my front teeth weak, chipped and broken. I was no longer comfortable opening my mouth to talk, let alone to smile. I was hesitant, and thought the ‘new’ teeth wouldn’t be an improvement or worse, would look obviously ‘fake.’ Dr. Cobb worked quickly and was extremely thorough and precise. The results were excellent: even better than I imagined! I get compliments on my smile and my beautiful teeth again.”